This ottoman has a vintage leather trunk-like appearance. It combines different materials like wood, canvas, rattan, and brass, allowing you to enjoy a variety of textures. With a somewhat retro flair and sleek design, it works well as part of a sofa set or as a stool on its own. It is suitable for various uses, including in entryways, shoe stores, and more.
It has a solid frame made of oak wood from Hokkaido, and a canvas fabric cushion sewn in-house. Most of the production process, not only the wooden frame, but also the sewing of the cushions and belts, and even the rattan wrapping, is performed by our own craftsmen, one by one, using analog production techniques.
(1) The canvas cushion is quilted with three lines of stitching to give it a retro, three-dimensional look.
(2) The cushion is secured with an acrylic belt and D-ring to prevent it from sliding off the wooden frame, which gives it the appearance of an old trunk. The handles are hand-wrapped with rattan, and together with the brass flat head screws on the side of the frame, they are one of the key design elements of this ottoman.
Our commitment to the highest quality materials:
(1) The frame is made of oak from Hokkaido, which is highly prized worldwide as a high-grade wood for its fine bark and beautiful grain.
(2) The cushions are made of No. 8 canvas produced in Kurashiki, a town with a long history as a textile producer in Japan. The canvas is washed in a process called "bio-washing" in advance, so it has a slightly "wispy" texture and is soft to the touch, as opposed to the usual crispy canvas.
Oak wood / Canvas (100% cotton) / Chip urethane / Acrylic belt / D-ring hardware / Snap button / Rattan / Brass flat head screws / Clear oil finish
ISANA is a boutique furniture workshop nestled in Niigata, Japan, a region blessed with the bounties of both mountain and sea and graced by the distinct four seasons. Founded by a skilled furniture artisan and a dyeing and weaving artist, our designs are deeply rooted in the traditional Japanese aesthetics of Zen, iki, and wabi-sabi. We trust that those who come into contact with our pieces will experience a touch of Japanese culture. For the past two years, we have consistently showcased our work on Instagram, amassing a following not just domestically but internationally. Notably, our creations have been spotlighted by globally recognized Instagram influencers in furniture design and woodworking, such as @chair_tag, @products.design, @koppundkluepfel, @designunity_woodwork, and @kodama_magazine.
You can explore our work on ISANA's Instagram.@isana_furniture
- Please be careful as “rapid drying” due to using under direct sunlight for long periods of time or placing it where it comes into direct contact with the air outlet of an air-conditioner or fan heater may cause warping, cracking, deformation, or discoloration of the wood.
- If you place a wet item such as a cup or dish towel directly on the stool top, please wipe off the moisture immediately as this may cause circular stains or discoloration.
- We recommend that you frequently apply commercially available maintenance oil (clear color), as wax components such as beeswax will make it easier for it to repel water to a certain extent and greatly improve the texture. (If obtainable, we recommend the American Howard Feed-N-Wax, which is easy to use.)
For Sales Representatives, Retailers, and Distributors:
We welcome inquiries about our products from retailers, distributors, and wholesalers around the world. While j-Grab Mall is Japan's No. 1 B2C cross-border e-commerce platform, many Japanese-made products are also available for B2B transactions. If you provide us with details such as the quantity you are interested in purchasing and conditions, we can provide you with a quotation.
To all Sales Representatives, Retailers, and Distributors, please feel free to request sample products from us and experience the quality of Japanese-made products firsthand! At j-Grab Mall, our dedicated staff can handle B2B negotiation and communication on your behalf.
For more information, please send an inquiry via our contact form. We appreciate your interest and look forward to working with you!